All job opportunities will be published here and we encourage interested parties to check-in occasionally.
Unfortunately we are unable to respond to unsolicited applications whether for jobs, volunteer positions, internships or study projects.
All such opportunities will be published on this webpage and we encourage interested parties to check-in occasionally.
If you are seeking employment in a rehabilitation centre or programme, please contact the centre or programme directly. A list of our member centres and programmes is available here.
External Project Evaluator
Please ensure that your expression of interest and proposal setting out your expected methodology, statement of relevant experience, proposed timeline and fee is sent to the attention of Ms Lisa Haagensen, GATE Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21th June 2019. Ideally, your proposal should be no longer than 5 pages. To discuss any aspects of this Call for Proposals please contact Ms Haagensen.
M&E And Communications Associate
Would you like to make a significant difference for torture victims worldwide? And do you see yourself in an international political environment where we work as part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team?
Welcome to the IRCT
IRCT is the leading global association on torture rehabilitation with over 160 members in more than 70 countries. The association is governed by its members and aspires to be the global unified voice of the torture rehabilitation movement. The IRCT is uniquely positioned to take the lead in the identification of global standards and evidence-based approaches to rehabilitation, in sharing knowledge on rehabilitation and promoting the sustainability of the movement.
Become our M&E and Communications Associate
The IRCT is seeking a M&E and Communications Associate to implement the organisation’s monitoring & evaluation systems, and its internal and external communication. You will become a part of our international multi-disciplinary team at the IRCT Secretariat in Copenhagen.
Your area of responsibility will include:
- Implementing the monitoring & evaluation system of the organisation in order to gather and articulate the results of the worldwide network of rehabilitation centres that are part of the IRCT. You will be responsible for tracking progress of set indicators and targets to ensure the IRCT delivers on its strategy and mission and produce narrative reports to relevant target groups. You will also give input to planning activities and engage internal and external stakeholders in learning processes.
- Translating the results of the association into internal and external communication using the website and social media. You will liaise with the IRCT membership to produce compelling and targeted content about their anti-torture work through individual storytelling, that aims to consolidate IRCT’s profile externally, as well as to strengthen the network by creating a sense of solidarity and identification within the movement.
We are looking for a candidate who fits the following profile:
- University degree at least at Bachelor level in a field relevant to the position
- Experience in developing and implementing M&E systems
- Experience from working in a development context and an NGO is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication in English; Danish, Spanish and/or French are an asset
- Ability to write creatively and produce engaging content, sourcing stories from members worldwide
- Ability to communicate with clarity and adapt communication style to multiple audiences
- Capable of strategic thinking, developing creative ideas, and implementing them successfully
- Organised and detail orientated, with excellent prioritisation skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- IT literacy – MS Office, website management, and basic understanding Adobe InDesign
You will have the following tasks:
- Implement and further develop IRCT’s M&E system
- Manage IRCT results framework as well as donor specific results frameworks
- Oversee internal and external reporting processes
- Support project development and application drafting
- Introduce effective learning and evaluation system at the IRCT
- Support to the improvement of IRCT’s organisational policies in relation to M&E
- Ensure compliance to guidelines from cooperation partners
- Liaise with membership to collect and present consolidated results from the network
- Create and deliver internal and external communication strategies
- Manage IRCT communication tools
- Liaise with membership to create content for internal and external communications
- Support to the improvement of IRCT’s organisational policies in relation to Communications
Terms of employment:
This is a full-time permanent position of 37 hours per week. The M&E and Communications Associate is expected to start the position on 1 September 2019.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position, please submit your CV and a Cover Letter in English online by following this link. We do not accept applications sent by e-mail.
Deadline for applications is 26 June, 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews shortly after the deadline.
Should you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Lisbet Ilkjær at email@example.com.
If you want to know more about the IRCT, please visit www.irct.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with the IRCT.